Monday, September 22, 2008

Growing Up

Last week Leon asked me about you guys. He asked how is your spiritual level/maturity and that got me thinking. How is our spiritual level as a youth group? Somehow I am always stumped for an answer when people ask this question. Or when they ask "what do the youths want to hear/learn". It's so sudden and so wide a question. Of course I then put myself on a guilt trip for not knowing what you guys need, being your leader I also don't know blah-blah-blah and the thing goes on.

Seriously though, back to that question. How is our spiritual level.. how do you measure our spiritual level? By how well we know the Bible? By the amount of time we spent in prayer and quiet time? By living out the Christian lifestyle? By serving in different ministries? By our commitment in those ministries? By all of the above? I think when I break it down like this, you see my problem in answering the question "How is our spiritual level as a group?"

Sorry, this may seem like a rambling post to you (it feels that way to me!) but well, I think one way of looking at the spiritual maturity of our group would be through our service and commitment in ministries. Let's see, we have an average of 20 youths every week ya, plus leaders. Now, about 10 of us are involved in the youth, music, server, multi-media, tambourine ministries. So that would mean our maturity is about average lah, half of us are involved. It means we have room for improvement, guys! So, for those of us who are not yet in any ministry, let us try to do more!

No comments: