Sunday, February 28, 2010

Thoughts Of a Youth Leader

You think that being a youth leader would mean that you only deal with youths. While this is true for most part, sometimes you also have to deal with the parents. In all my years in the ministry, I've gone through a period that Thomson called "the dark years" where I seem to have more problems with the parents than with the youths. And I will say that dealing with parents are more terrible, hehe.. that's why I'm in youth ministry instead of adult ministries!

But it's not all doom and gloom, and while I may have gone through a difficult time before, on the whole, they have been lovely and supportive. Last night I went to pick up one of our youth and her mom gave me an angpow. Then today after Sunday service, Adriel treated me lunch on the orders of his mom, hehe. That was very lovely of them and I thank God for their support. It is with the parents support that we are able to serve faithfully and joyfully in this ministry. So I say a little prayer for all your parents for sending you to youth, for supporting us in words and deeds. You may not pray for your parents as often as you should, but just take some time to do so today. After all, the Bible did say to honour your parents!

No comments: