Friday, August 8, 2008

The Story of Bob - Part 3

Ah.. "I see the light," says Mulder. Oops, it's not only Fox Mulder that can see the light in X-Files, seems that Bob could see the light as well. Perhaps Mulder had a forefather called Bob? "I see the light," says Bob. As his stomach grumbled and rumbled while the pigs snorted and gobbled, he thought how nice if he could eat the pods that piggy was eating. Suddenly a million gazillion lightbulbs went off in Bob's head, as he suddenly thought of his dad. Perhaps he has not thought of his dad for quite a while now; after all, sex, booze and party were big important stuff in Bob's life until the pigs spoilt it! Perhaps it was the pong coming from the pigs that somehow woke him up from his wild living. And not only did he suddenly think of his old dad, he actually spared a thought for the kakaks and pekerja kebun that his dad employ. He remembered that the servants back home ate better food than what he was thinking about eating. "Man,.. I've sunk so low," thought Bob. "I had it all, great food, great life, great dad and I ruined it, and I actually wanna fight with these pigs for food?"

It begins; this realisation that he has just blown everything away, ran through Bob like a cold morning shower, hitting him in the face and rudely awakening him. "I will go back to dad's place, ask him to take me on as a servant, at least I can eat better, and I don't have to fight with pigs," Bob kept thinking. So he bid sayonara to those pigs and clambered asap to the highway.

So our young punk, smelly and light-seeing Bob started the journey home. Hitchhiking from kind travellers who don't mind the unshaven "Giorgio Armani underwear model" look that Bob is sporting, he travels homeward. Thoughts went through his mind on what to say to his dad; "should I ask for wages?, can I get a room of my own? would he actually take me back? I'm gonna be so killed, I'm sorry dad, can you take me back?" went on like a broken CD as he got nearer and nearer to home. He started sweating and getting butterflies in his stomach as he saw familiar sights ambling past.

In his father's house there is a telescope. The telescope is in dad's room, and it points way out to the fence that surrounds the border of the land. The focus is on the big gates at the entrance of the property, and some distance beyond those gates. Everyday, the first thing dad does when he wakes up is to walk to the telescope and peer through the lens. Everyday, like clockwork, dad peered through the telescope, then he'd go to work.

Many times we are separated and estranged with our family through anger, misunderstanding, pride etc. God gave us a family for a purpose, not some random acts by God. God doesn't do random, ever.

To be continued...

No comments: