Monday, December 14, 2009

Parting Message from AD JY

As I had posted Bishop's message earlier, you'd all know that AD JY would be leaving us in the new year and that AD Moses would be coming to replace him. We had invited AD JY for our closing meeting for this year and he entitled his sharing to us as "To Be Found"

He asked us all this question, "What kind of person do you want to be found to be?". If your 1st response was, "Huh? say what?" then you'd be like the rest of us who were there that night, "what AD? come again?" Haha. It took me a while to get it too. He asked us what tense that was in (of course by then I became totally lost cos I'm very bad with tenses. I know how to use them, but I can't name them, go figure!) If we want to simplify it a little, it'd be "what kind of person do you want to be known as?" and he went on to tell us that the person we want to be known as, it doesn't happen in the future, it happens now. The choices and decisions we make now will determine the kind of person we end up to be. Think about it.

AD JY gave us two verses as parting gifts; the first is from Acts 13:22 "After removing Saul, he made David their king. He testified concerning him: 'I have found David son of Jesse a man after my own heart; he will do everything I want him to do.'" David did everything God wanted him to do, whereas Saul in the later part of his rule only picked and choose what he wanted to do for God. That was the difference between these two kings. The other verse was from Numbers 14:24 "But because my servant Caleb has a different spirit and follows me wholeheartedly, I will bring him into the land he went to, and his descendants will inherit it."

AD JY asked us to desire these things, to be a man/woman after God's own heart, and to have a different spirit and follow God wholeheartedly. Would we make that choice, that decision now? So that in the future, or perhaps even now for some of us, God would say that of us?

No comments: