Monday, April 13, 2009

The Play

This Play came about while we had our youth retreat. AD JY came over one day and talked to Mark about doing an Easter play, and Mark came over to talk to me and I went to see AD and got the outline of the play and we ran with that. For the benefit of those who didn't see the play, don't worry, I have it on tape... of cos you gotta wait la ok? I have it on MOV file, I converted to WMP then the picture became fuzzy, like those tv news where they fuzzy out the face of people? So I have to sort this out.

Anyway, the play was about the 3 disciples during the time of Jesus's death. Mark, Edwin and Moses were the 3 disciples with speaking parts, Vincent played Jesus. There were 3 scenes, scene 1 was about Jesus breaking bread, scene 2 about washing of feet, and the final scene was about the reinstatement of Peter. The guys injected some humour into parts of the play but at the last minute, AD decided that it should be a solemn and serious play instead. The reason was that he dowan the play to make people stumble, meaning people expect the play to be serious so if it wasn't, then there will be question marks in their minds and that will distract them from the real meaning.

I am proud of the way the guys all handled this play, from the few practices to the changes in the script. You were all so polished! I heard lots of good comments about the play; how Vincent's face positively shone playing Jesus, how Mark sang so beautifully they thought he lip-sync! Everything just went well. I don't know how many lives were touched by this play, and of course the sermon after that. But I was personally touched while writing this and it is my prayer that many were touched.

Proud of you all guys, great work Vincent, Mark, Edwin and Moses (and all the other disciples!) Keep up the good work.

No comments: