Monday, April 26, 2010

Doing Great Things for God

Every year when we start our youth meetings, I would introduce myself and tell everyone NOT to call me auntie. But each year, there will always be those who do call me that and this year it's no different. It's always those who are not familiar with me and of course, all our parents taught us to be respectful to those older than us, and I am older than you, it's a fact. But should you, for some weird reason after reading this post want to call me auntie, don't you even dare, especially for those who already call me by name! Haha.. call and see if I answer you or not lah!

Anyway, I was talking with a friend just now about ministry and she wondered where I get the patience around you guys. Hehe. She said she won't be able to stand it. That got me thinking about how I came into the youth ministry so many years ago. I can only say God gave me this burden to be in this ministry, that I enjoy being with you all, serving alongside together. I know sometimes I lose my patience (I think each group of youths that come along would have seen me lose my temper at least once or twice) but I know, it is God who sustains me in this ministry. We were just learning last week about how, when we want to achieve great things for God, we need a partnership with God. We also need a personal commitment, and partnership with God's people.

These three things are required when we serve in any ministry and it's also a reminder on why and who we serve. Sometimes as we serve, we lose focus and lose track of what's important. We must always look to the cross and be reminded that the reward of serving our Lord far outweighs the sweat and tears.

There will be events coming up soon that will definitely challenge us in many ways, but we are assured that God will always be with us, and that He only wants good things for us, not to harm us. If you are going through difficulties in life, know that God is in control even in the midst of difficulties. He knows and he cares for you. That is a promise! Praise the Lord.

No comments: