Monday, January 19, 2009

Cure For Home Sickness - 46C Lrg Merbau

Yup, that was the address of the place I called home in KL for years. Now, why stay in such a crummy place? Well, the rule that applies when you try find a place to stay; location location location. Firstly it was just off the main road called Jalan Hang Tuah so the bus stop was just a 3 minute walk away, it's another matter waiting for the non-existent bus sometimes. Secondly, if the blasted bus doesn't appear, either due to the bad traffic jams or the bus driver resting under some tree, I could take a 20 minute walk to college, passing some iconic monuments of KL, namely Stadium Negara and you can also see the KLCC Towers at a distance. Thirdly, you could say I stayed right in the heart of KL, cos it's 5 minutes by bus everywhere.. 5 min to Petaling St or 5 min to Lot 10/Sg Wang assuming there's no jam la, of course. Then in the later years, they built the LRT station just 5 min walk from my place. So.. location location location was the only reason we stuck it out there.

Now, less you think I cried everyday while in KL, I didn't. Sure I cried on the first day, not just because of the place, but because I was away from home, and it took me a week to get used to the place. But after that, I had to adjust, don't I? Those of us who were away from home, or who are still, you have to adjust and get used to the place. You might not like where you are right now, but you gotta get used to it, else you end up being miserable and time will really slow down and I think that will make things worse.

Next.. the fun stuff in 46C Lrg Merbau... to be continued...

No comments: