Monday, January 19, 2009

Cure For Home Sickness - The Fun

I could go on and on about the good food there, but I think I'd keep getting hungry, so I'll talk about the fun stuff that happened there.

Rats ~ Now, because of the restaurant downstairs, it's obvious that we'd get rats. So one time a rat got into my room. My cousin and my bro tried to get it out and after much jumping and huffing and puffing, we finally banged it and gave the rat a concussion. Obviously no one wanted to touch it so in the end, because he's the youngest among us, my cousin had to put the rat in a plastic bag. Instead of putting the rat down the rubbish chute, we decided to throw the rat overboard.. I mean over the balcony. Did I mention I lived on the 3rd floor? So.. with much laughter, we took the dazed rat to my bro's room and "bombs away!" But would you know it, as the rat fell, the plastic bag opened and became a parachute for the rat! We groaned and thought "rats, the rat escaped" as the bag drifted gently onto the ground. Just as we thought the rat will escape, it fell into the cluthes of a cat, who had obviously seen the rat as it parachuted down and pounced on it. Ah.. all's well that ends well. Hahahahahahah..

Yet another rat story, there were a lot, you see. I caught a rat in the cage one day and decided to kill it. Don't squirm, nobody catches a rat and lets it go, believe me, that only happens in movies. So I went to the kitchen to boil water in a saucepan. Would you believe it, rats have brains, because as soon as I poured the boiling water on it, it started running around the cage, and because I thought my aim was very good, I didn't boil a lot of water. My water was finished, but I'd not done the 'job' correctly, I'm left with a half scalded rat and an empty pot. I had to go boil some more water to finish the job, I didn't know whether to laugh or to take pity on the rat. Hai...

Rubbish ~ One time I decided to throw rubbish from the balcony to the other block's rubbish bin. Rubbish as in in a bag, not a sweet wrapper. So we switched off the lights, took aim and lobbed the bag about 20 feet into the air and it fell sweetly into the rubbish bin.. yeah.. I scored! Then another time I tried again, same protocol; switched off lights, took aim and lobbed the ammo.. and BANG! The rubbish fell onto the roof of a shoplot on the first floor. Ooops... sorry.. we scurried for cover..

My smart bro decided to throw some cardboard down the rubbish chute but unbeknownst to him and everyone else, including the tenants downstairs, it got stuck inside the chute and as a result, all the rubbish piled up inside. After 2 weeks, I noticed that as I threw the rubbish, it didn't fall down to the basket below as it normally did. So being curious, I decided to investigate and found that the whole chute was full of rubbish till the 2nd floor! My goodness... I found an iron rod and managed to free the load of rubbish and boy.. I lost my iron rod in the downpour of rubbish bags. Haha.. imagine diarrhoea? Ah.. u get the picture. I stood there laughing at the amount of rubbish raining down.. and pity the DBKL workers who had to collect them.

Music ~ One of the downside about staying in shoplots is the din that comes from your neighbours. The guy staying directly under my brother's room would always blast his stereo on loud every night and it gets annoying especially when we're trying to sleep. So my bro would always bang on the floor with a metal bar to shut him up.

My cousin came stay with us once and he started talking on his handphone on the balcony at 12 midnight, disturbing our neighbour on the opposite block with his loud chatter. In anger, our neighbour, the next night, played his Boney M (who? you're wondering, right? It's ok, hehe) cassettes very loudly and we had to put up with his 'One Way Ticket' song blaring for ages! Ooooo.. payback ah uncle?

to be continued... The Bad and the Ugly still to come...

No comments: