Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Retreat


We just concluded our retreat, To Be.. or Not To Be and I thank God we had a great camp. We had 21 campers joining, out of which 6 were newbies and we hope we will get a few of them to come to our youth meetings in future. Most of them are from other churches but we are glad they joined us and we bless them as they return to their own youth groups (although truth be told, we'll be glad if they join us weekly! hahaha.. so sue me!)

Things went well, from our first programme of Welcome and Icebreaker, to all our sessions, including the movie time. I think our only hiccup would have been the games, because the rain kept coming, but thank God He held off the thunderstorms throughout the 3 days of camp. We had rain but it was manageable walking around and I think many of us wanted to go play outside in the rain anyway. Don't worry everyone, next time we will do that okey? Haha.. Daniel got a bit sick on Sunday, came down with fever but he bounced back by the afternoon so that was real good. We also played a few games with the uncles in our church, including AD JY. I think we all had fun splashing AD... and I was glad I had my camera with me, else you all would have come after me, I know la. I thought it weird Clement came up asking to see the photos I took. After he pestered me for 10 seconds I caught on and shooed him away, and made sure everyone can see I'm holding a camera! Hahaha... I escaped, this time! Thanks everyone, for being so lenient with me (if I can put a smiley, it'll be one that's smirking!)

I loved the drama that you came up with during our "Puzzle Nite" and Vanessa commented that you just had to break all the 10 Commandments, dincha? I think the cucumber was the greatest prop.. so versatile! (Note: We gave each group 8-9 props to incorporate into the drama and they did so marvellously) The toilet paper was also useful to use as money, and sea creatures.. I mean, the sea. The Capulets did the 10 Commandments, and The Montagues did Parting of the Red Sea. Hahaha.. both were very hilarious. You all did well, proud of you!

I want to thank my group of Leaders once again for helping out so wonderfully in camp; from Stephanie doing kitchen duty and boiling and boiling water, to Vanessa who did devotion and giving moral support, Mark who came in last minute but helped so much in music and leading the guys, Vincent who organised and ran the games so well. To Jenny for leading worship and moving the whole P&W team, who truly helped me so much in the planning and administration, who put up with my 'crapness' and supported me more than she'll ever know. Thank you leaders, it was really a pleasure serving with you and we look forward to more things to come. Thank you God!

No comments: