Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Away From Home - Waltson

Hey guys.....sorry havent been writing much lately,been vry busy with assignments n work.Well,i went 2 church yesterday which was a sat night.And what Rev Khee Vun(FCC pastor) preached really opened my eyes.

Offering or tithing has somewhat become a law in some of our eyes.We feel that it is an obligation to give to the Lord.But let's look at it in one angle.Lets say u r married.The concept is this,after u get married.Men,your money is ur money,ur money is also ur wife's money.Haha.sorry i had 2 poke abit of fun here.Lol.But it is a fact.So practically we can say that a wife would get abt half of what her husband has.isnt that alot??50%!!!But yet we still give.So lets look at tithing.10% am i right?Of what you have.Isnt that considerably such a small amount?God only ask us for 10% of what we have,unlike wives who get 50%.Haha...this is just a comparison la.But can u guys see my point?We do not give out of obligation,but out of love.For God loves a cheerful giver.

I would just like to take a simple example....my mum.Eventhough she's only a teacher,yet she never fails to give her tithings,or even more than that.That is 1 thing I truly respect her for.As much as my family is not very rich,u noe la have 2 support thomson who is studying med which aint cheap,my mum by hook or by crook would give her tithe.Why?Because she loves God very much.Yes,for those who aren't working,we may not be able to give tithes.But what about offering?I remember when I used to be in youth.I remember seeing the offering bag going round and coming back with almost nothing at all.Yes,youths aren't rich n all.But even RM2 woould make a diff.There was once when I looked into d offering bag and I saw a RM50.Whoever gave that offering,I said a little prayer in my heart."God,bless the person who has given you out of love".So I really do hope that we would start giving regularly not because we're obligated,but because we love God and we want to help in His work.God Bless~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there waltson. Glad to hear from you. Yeah, it's been so long I didn't hear your news. Glad to hear some news from you.

Thank God that you finally going to church already. ehhe... thanks for the sharing wo... really an encouragement to all the youths. I hope that the youths can understand it as well..

Continue to have serve the Lord, Waltson. I know it's hard there but still, you have to continue seek HIS faithful guidance for you. =)


Always caring,
Jenny