Friday, June 20, 2008

A Sight for Sore Eyes

You know, when God created us, he knew we would need someone to be around us, to help share the load, to laugh and to cry with, to share secrets and jokes with, that's why he created friends for us. Ah... friends, most of the time we can get along fine, we laugh together, learn, cry and hang out together. Sometimes friendship can get a bust up, fur will fly, tempers will be lost and harsh words spoken. But, if that friendship is forged strongly, then time will recover and smooth over the hurts and friends are friends again.

So anyway, I made a few tight friendships over the years in youth, and now, most of them are away from home and I'm missing them. This week has not been exactly the greatest week, I've been carrying around worries and burdens, workwise and other stuff. But thank God he knew that, and I got a sms from a dear friend a few days ago, she was also feeling moody and depressed so we got to sms-ing, updated each other on 'gossips'.. haha.. nolah, on what's been happening with our lives. And you know what, tight friendships ah, you can be separated by distance, but just a short sms, or msn do wonders to your spirit, and I was cheered up!

This afternoon, I again got a sms from her with an encouraging verse, then I bumped into two other buddies online.. and my day suddenly got better.. ah friends... I MISS YOU GUYS! Here's the encouraging verse that I received, may it encourage you as well.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." Matthew 11:28-29

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey,sorry i cudnt talk 2 u tat long tat day.But im glad 2 cheer u up as muc as i can.heheh.gosh,i miz sitting in ur car n juz talking d nite away oh....non stop talking.hahahaha.U hang in thr da jie!!!U'll make it true!Ur a survivor!Show me those muscles....oh yeah!hahahah.