Monday, July 28, 2008

Holy Spirit Weekend

HS Weekend started at 1pm Saturday and our youths started trickling in within that time. I unfortunately didn't include Rachel's name (sorry Rachel! I missed out your form) but it was a minor hiccup. We combined with the chinese youth and we all started with an icebreaker. Ps Jonathan was a good speaker and what he said all made sense, didn't it?

The ministry time was also a real experience, when we invited the HS to come into our midst and minister to us. People cried, saw visions, received gift of tongues, ministered to. Wow! Praise the Lord for his grace and goodness. It was really amazing. I know the games were less fiesty and mild compared to the usual crazy games we usually play, but we had to cater for the chinese youth too. Never mind lah, we'll play those 'usual bien tai' games in our retreat, ok?

The guys slept in Alpha Hall while the girls slept in the rooms upstairs. I must admit I was really glad to see that mattresses were provided and that was really great! Although the mosquitoes were biting, there weren't as many as I dreaded. I don't know how the guys slept downstairs, which was pretty stuffy, but they were more troubled by the noise more than anything, I think. Some of the younger boys in chinese youth were noisier than others.

I was really glad to see Waltson, Mark and Douglas coming to join. It is truly wonderful to see them back again, and even though Waltson's holiday was short, he did come back to spend time with us (that's great of you, man!) and Mark.. Mark was able to get a day off to come spend it with us and get ministered to too. And to receive a gift from God tops it all, doesn't it? I am glad he was with us also, we've missed you, Mark!

It was really a wonderful time together, even though it was only for a day and night, it was still a great time. I hope everyone learnt something over this weekend and that you learn to apply those lessons in your lives!

No comments: