Thursday, July 10, 2008

Second Wind

After the flurry of postings in May when we started our blog, we seemed to have lost steam, no thanks to me being away and also being sick for a period in June. But I guess life sometimes is unpredictable, and sometimes when you're so busy you just don't have the mood to blog. But never fear, we're not going to let our blog die, are we? So do continue with your support by viewing and dropping comments ok? I know many of you are also having finals at this time so you've cut down on surfing, it's cool. Just remember to come back to view the blog k?

Ok.. let's see what has happened since a few weeks ago.. let's start with Alpha. Ah.. Alpha, we're on the last leg of Alpha now, so far we've covered about 8 topics ranging from Who is Jesus, Why should I read the Bible? Why should I tell others to How to resist evil. I've attended 2 Alpha course so far and the one in youth is the first that I'm actually sharing the word and this has been an interesting journey for me. Why? Because I find myself challenged to share the word of God every week. Of course it's made easier with the Alpha manual that was provided and all the powerpoint clips all ready. Still, it was scary at first but coming to the end of Alpha, I am glad we went through Alpha. We set ourselves a target of 10 friends but we only managed 3 friends. I hope we will do better next time round.

Speaking about friends, I think we need to be more mature and less selfish in our behaviour and attitude. Why do I say this? Well, Joel brought a friend along, a girl, but all the guys did was to tease him that it's his girlfriend. It didn't help that the girl is a shy girl, and honestly, if I was the girl, I won't come again with all the teasing! I admire Joel for actually bringing his friend, which is really a cool thing, but he got 'sabo' by all of us who tease and alienate the girl, supposedly so that Joel can spend time with her. Please lah, if you want to date a girl, or a guy, you won't bring them to youth for a date, would you? Honestly? Please, grow up guys. Let's welcome new people and stop with the teasing.

And talking about admiring, I have to salute Waltson lah, when he was here, he would always scold us for not talking to new friends.. haiya Walt, we miss your face.. I mean your scolding oh. Because we forget too easily that we should go out of our comfort zone and talk to new friends. And think about it, they are already out of their comfort zone by coming to join us, strangers in a strange place, but we, who are in our comfort zone, do not actually draw people in. Then we wonder why our youth never grow? Hmm.. there are many reasons also lah, but our friendship and warmth towards newcomers is a reason.

Something to think about huh?

No comments: