Monday, July 7, 2008

Sacrifice

You know you had a good holiday when you don't want to come home. Holiday is a great escape from reality, where you don't have to worry about your work, or studies, exams, assignments, meetings with the boss, or ministries, practices. And the only thing you have to look out for is taking care to cross the road, or which sights or shopping complexes you want to go to. But unfortunately, or fortunately, reality starts when holiday ends. So there you have it, my feelings all summed up in a paragraph after my short holiday to Kuching last weekend (That's why I wasn't in youth last Sat!)

So yesterday evening while in my room, I was praying and telling God, "you know God, I'm tired. I wish I was still on holiday and I don't have to think about ministry and church. It's not like I don't like youth ministry, Lord, but.. I'm tired." So with that in mind, I did my quiet time.. and God nicely reminded me that "it is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then..." Galatians 5:1 It is for freedom that Christ came to set you and I free. I have forgotten that fact, when I was complaining about being tired of ministry. Christ suffered so much for me, and I'm complaining about tired? Christ suffered so much for me, and I still continue sinning? Err... "Lord, I take all those words back."

I guess I was still on holiday mode when I prayed that, but well, I'm back in reality and am aware once again of God's sacrifice for me. So... back to business! Heheh.. And.. if that wasn't enough to snap me back to reality, let me tell you a little story.

When I was holidaying in Manila in May, I bought myself some cute little angels, and they seemed to be the favourite of my nephew too. And like all little boys 3 years of age, they are pretty clumsy. So last night, when I was about to go to bed, I happened to glance at my angels and to my horror, one of the angel was headless! HEADLESS! Argggggggggghhhhhhh.. I could hardly believe my eyes! And then I spotted the head lying beside the figurine. My nephew had come into my room while I was in Kuching and snapped the angel's head off! It was traumatic to see a headless angel, believe you me. Sigh. I managed to reunite the parts with glue and now my angel is back to normal, aka scarface. How's that for a reality check!

No comments: