Sunday, May 11, 2008

Bee = You?

When you do the things you have to do when you have to do them, the day will come when you can do the things you want to do when you want to do them.

Haha.. quite a stunner, isn't it? But think about that while you read this story I got from a book..

The bee is often described as being "busy." It deserves this adjective! To produce one pound of honey, a bee must visit 56,000 clover heads. Since each head has sixty flower tubes, a bee must make a total of 3,360,000 visits. In the process, the average bee would travel the equivalent of three times around the world.

To make just one tablespoon of honey, the amount that might go on a biscuit, a little bee must make 4,200 trips to the flowers, averaging about ten trips a day, each trip lasting approximately twenty minutes. It visits four hundred different flowers.

Day in, day out, the work of a bee is fairly unglamourous. It flies, it takes in nectar, it flies some more, and it deposits nectar. But in the process, it produces, and what it produces creates a place for it in the hive.

You may think your daily chores are a waste of time. But in fact, your completion of those chores is "making" you. One day, you won't even have to think: I must get disciplined. I must get to work, I must stick with it. If you have done your chores faithfully and to the best of your ability, the chores will have become a part of the way you tackle every challenge the rest of your life.

Lazy hands make a man poor, but diligent hands bring wealth. Proverbs 10:4

You may be thinking, "what? chores become a part of the way you tackle every challenge? you're crazy, man!". I hate to break it to you guys, but it's true. I remember dad used to nag me to save electricity & water and would be on my case if I didn't switch off the lights in my room when I leave it... now, I'm an adult and I automatically switch off the lights whenever I leave my room and I in turn nag my little niece and nephews! What goes around comes around!.. hehehehe..

So think about that the next time your parents nag at you, it's "you" in the making!

No comments: